Thursday, September 13, 2012

Activities We Have Been Doing

I've been anxious to get my pictures uploaded on to my computer to share some of the activities we have been doing.  Once we have the permission forms sent for permission to put kiddos on the web, I will be sure to share very cute pictures of them in action as well.

This week we were involved in an activity called Fast Friends it is loosely wrapped around  "speed dating".  Each child had a partner and they sat facing each other.  They were given a subject to talk about with each other for 2 minutes.  At two minutes a bell sounded and they had to move to a new person and talk about a new subject for 2 more minutes.  This really worked on our speaking and listening skill, and was also a great way to get to know each other, especially with some questions that might not normally be asked.  We did a great job, and learned alot!


 

We also did an activity with post its.  Each person was given 6 post it notes and the job was to answer 6 different questions.  The post its were then posted on 6 different question posters.  We were able to see what people thought about a bunch of different topics like:  How I learn best, Why school is important, What do I still have questions, about, and What I will need to do to be successful this year.  Take a look !



No comments:

Post a Comment