Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ClassDojo



Our Class has started a new behavior management system.  It is a web 2.0 tool called Class Dojo.  I have seen its success in other classrooms and I am excited to start it in our classroom as well!  I will use this tool to help build your student’s learning habits and classroom behaviors in an engaging way.  Student will each receive and individualized character or “avatar”, then throughout the day each student will have the opportunity to earn Dojo points for excellent behaviors.  Students can also lose points for off task or inappropriate behaviors.  One excellent features of Class Dojo is that I am able to collect and analyze behavior data.  From the data I collect I will be able to make data driven changes in our classroom to support engaged learning.  Another cool feature is my ability to share behavior data with you.  I will be able to share behavior reports to allow us to work together to reward excellent behavior or guide a student in need of support. Each student will have a login to the site for you to access from home. I will also be able to email reports, or send home hard copies as well.  As always please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions on this new system.



No comments:

Post a Comment